PNBIL Mobile Banking App
1) What is Mobile Banking?
Mobile banking also known as M-Banking is a term used for performing balance checks, account transcations, payments etc through smart phones.
2) Can I avail PNBIL Mobile Banking Services?
Yes, PNBIL Mobile Banking Services are available to all the Retail customers of the Bank and its compatible only in iPhone-IOS & Android device.App can be used in UK as well as abroad.
3) Are there any pre-requisites for availing PNBIL Mobile Banking Services?
All existing and prospective customers need to have the following:
• An account with PNBIL.
4) Is the app secure?
• A Handset supporting services.
• Be an Active User of Internet Banking (IBS) for immediate access.
• If not using IBS or inactive user of IBS, Bank will require one working day for the activation of mobile banking.
All accounts under your customer ID (including joint accounts) will be accessible to you under mobile banking app.
Yes, the app is secured by SSL and all the messages are encrypted to keep the details safe and private.
5) How can I download the application on my handset?
Android Users can download the app from Play store>Category Finance>PNBIL.Apple Users can download the app from App Store >Click PNBIL and then click Install App. App Installation will take few minutes depending on mobile connection speed.
6) Can I install the PNBIL App on several devices simultaneously?
Yes,you can install the App on multiple Apple iOS and android devices simultaneously. However at any time login from only one device is permitted. On every installation/reinstallation SMS OTP (Onetime Password) will be sent to the registered mobile number.
7) Is there a cost associated with Mobile Banking?
Mobile Banking facility is absolutely free for PNBIL Retail customers and no additional charges are applied. For our normal charges refer to our website. Data charges will be applicable as per the service provider.
8) I have changed my mobile number, will mobile banking stop working?
No,however a SMS will be sent to mobile number registered with us. It is in the interest of the customer to contact the concerned branch for updation of Mobile number in our record on priority basis.
9) What services can be availed through M Banking?
The following services can be availed through M Banking:
• View latest balances and transactions 24*7.
10) What if I lost my mobile with installed mobile app?
• Transfer funds from your PNBIL account to other accounts within UK and overseas.(Future dated faster payment cancellation facility is available in Internet Banking Services only).
• View your bank Mini statements with last ten transactions.
• Download statement of account.
Mobile banking requires password every time customer initiate transcations therefore it is protected with your password. However, you can disable your mobile and internet banking through our Internet Banking website link-> Block user id.
11) Is there a limit for transferring funds online in a day?
Yes, the maximum amount can be transferred using M Banking is £10,000 for Retail customer per day. For transferring more than £10,000,please contact your respective branch.
12) Is there a possibility that my Mobile Banking will not enable me to transfer money?
Your password may be blocked which may have occured in following circumstances:
• Three continuous wrong password attempts.
13) How do I get a password when I forget my password?
• Password not changed since 180 days.
If your mobile number is registered with the bank, then click on Forgot Password on our website/mobile app and retrieve an OTP for login. If not registered please call our Help line number 08008499229 (Mon 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
14) Are there any additional security precautions I should take?
The following are the additional security precautions :
• Do not reveal passwords(s) over the phone, e-mail etc to any person including a Bank official or write in your mobile phone.
15) What if I get an SMS or a call while performing a transaction?
• Please change your passwords(s)before the passwords(s) expires or when the system prompts you to do so.
• Do not click on website links/attachments in unknown/suspicious emails. These links may take you to replica of banks website/app and may ask for keying in your user ID and passwords(s).
• The Bank will never send you an e-mail requesting you to provide user ids/password and other personal information.
• Update the antivirus software installed on the mobile handset regularly.
User can answer the call/check the message and then continue the banking operation. However, app will automatically log out if app remains idle for nearly 1 minute.
16) How do I clear the cache in my mobile handset?
Steps for clearing cache are phone dependent. Generally the steps to clear Cache are: Settings->APP->PNBIL APP->Cache->Clear Cache. However, these steps are mobile set dependent.
17) Can I access both Internet Banking and Mobile Banking at same time?
18) What happens if I forget to log out or leave my handset idle for a period of time?
As a security measure, PNBIL Mobile Banking will automatically log out if you leave your mobile phone idle for nearly 5 minutes.
19) How should I uninstall the application?
Go to settings option of your Mobile and uninstall the application.However, unistall option is handset specific.App can be reinstalled on the handset and user is required to go through OTP SMS process during reinstallation process. Please refer FAQ.6 for reinstallation.