1) Is it a Debit Card or Credit Card?
It is Debit Card with contactless feature. It is accepted at all ATMs and purchase terminals displaying MasterCard logo. You can simply Tap & Go to make payments at contactless terminals.
2) Can we use this card outside UK?
Yes, this card can be used anywhere in the world where MasterCard is accepted but card should be activated for that particular country except for India. The card is already pre-activated for use in India. You can withdraw/make payments in currency of that country and your account will be debited in Pound Sterling at the prevailing exchange rate.
3) Up to which limit we can use this card for cash withdrawal?
During one day, a total of GBP 250.00 or equivalent amount can be withdrawn as cash subject to availability of balance in the account. Outside UK, this limit depends on the ATM you are using.
4) Up to which amount can we use this card for making purchase of goods/services on Point of Sale (POS) terminal or on Internet?
A total of GBP 2000.00 can be used in card for making purchase of goods/services on Point of Sale (POS) terminal or on Internet
5) How does the limit on my card works?
The withdrawal limit of £250 through ATM machine and purchase limit of £2000 is for 24 hours starting from the time of your transaction.
6) What is the contactless limit on my card?
For example: -
Case 1: If you have withdrawn £200 at 10 AM today, you are eligible to withdraw amount £50 till 10AM next day.
Case 2: If you have withdrawn £200 at 10AM and £50 at 2PM today, you are eligible to withdraw amount upto £200 after 10AM next Day and upto £50 after 2PM next day.
It works in the similar way for the purchase through POS or Internet.This is basically to prevent fraud in your card.
You can do the contactless transactions for up to £30 per transaction or total amount of £30 in a day. This is subject to the merchant's terminal limit.
7) Can I use this card on the TFL Network?
Yes, this card can be used on the TFL network.
8) I have received my Debit Card. How should I activate it?
For the activation of the card, you will be required to call on our UK Customer Care number: +44(0)800 849 9229 from 9:00 A.M
to 5:00 P.M on weekdays or by email at customersupport[at]pnbint[dot]com.
9) What are the facilities available on this Debit Card?
The facilities available on this Debit Card are: 1) Cash Withdrawal 2) PIN Change 3) Balance Check.
10) Can I enquire about transactions in my account on ATM/Cash Machine?
No, this feature is not available on this card.
11) How can I change my PIN?
You can go to any cash machine, choose PIN services and change the PIN.
12) I have forgotten my PIN. How can I get my PIN?
You may call us on our UK Customer Care number: +44(0)800 849 9229 from 9:00 A.M to 5:00 P.M on weekdays or by email at customersupport[at]pnbint[dot]com.
The PIN will be sent to the address as per our record.
13) Due to wrong entry of my PIN, my card is blocked. How can I get my card unblocked?
If your card has been blocked on ATM, please contact us on UK Customer Care number: +44(0)800 849 9229 from 9:00 A.M to 5:00 P.M on weekdays or by email at customersupport[at]pnbint[dot]com.
14) When I use my card on ATM/Cash Machine, a message comes "Your Issuer may charge you for this Transaction".How much amount is charged for such transactions?
There is no charge levied for any cash withdrawal transactions within UK and India. Thus you can ignore such messages and continue to use your card. In case of transactions outside UK and India, service provider's charges will be added to your account.
15) What is the charge for issue of Debit MasterCard?
There is no charge for issue of a Debit MasterCard.
16) What is the charge in case my card is lost or damaged and I want new Debit MasterCard issued to me?
In case of issue of a Debit MasterCard in lieu of a lost or damaged card, a charge of GBP 10 is to be paid.
17) Is there any Credit limit available on Card?
Since this is a Debit Card, there is no Credit Limit.
18)After I used this card, when is this transaction reflected in my account?
Your transaction is generally reflected on next working day.
19) Where can I call in case of any problem in respect of my Debit Card?
You can call for all Debit Card related issues or problems to our UK Customer Care number: +44(0)800 849 9229 from 9:00 A.M to 5:00 P.M on weekdays or by email at customersupport[at]pnbint[dot]com.
20) How can I report about my lost card or damaged card?
You can report about your lost or damaged card on our UK Customer Care number: +44(0)800 849 9229. This service is available 24/7 for card blocking.
21) What type of account is required to be opened for issuance of a Debit Card?
You are required to have a Current Account with us to get the Debit MasterCard.
22) Can a Saving Account, Fixed Deposit Loan account holder get a Debit Card?
No. The Debit MasterCard can be issued to Current Account holders only.
23) Can a Debit Card be issued to joint account holders?
Yes. The PNBIL Debit Card can be issued to all the joint account holders having Current Account.
24)I have a Current Account with PNBIL branch. How can I get an Add-on Debit Card issued in name of my family member whose name is not in the account as joint account holder?
Debit MasterCard is not issued to persons not named in the Account.
25) Whether the Debit MasterCard is Chip & PIN enabled?
Yes. The PNBIL Debit Card is Chip and PIN enabled.
26) What are the ways to ensure that my card is safe from fraudulent use?
• Please sign your card with a ballpoint pen on the signature panel of card as soon as you receive your card.
27) What can I do if I have disputes regarding the transactions in my account?
• Never write the PIN on your card.
• Never allow anyone else to use your card and PIN.
• Never write the PIN down without making a reasonable attempt to disguise it.
• Never disclose the PIN to anyone, including Bank staff.
• Take care to ensure that you are not being watched when keying in your PIN.
• Do not leave you card unattended.
Please download the Cardholder Dispute Form (ATM fraud) and Card holder Fraud Declaration Form(Online fraud)available under the section Forms at our website and submit the completed form at your nearest Branch.